WETS Swimming Instructor
Status: Currently accepting applications
Make a difference! Build your career and join the WETS Instructor Team!
We Teach Swimming (WETS) is a private swim school for children that offers learn to swim programs using achievable progressions based on the Red Cross Swim Levels. From water safety and core skills all the way through to developing endurance and strong strokes before entering our pre-swim club or synchronized swim program. We teach swimming from cradle to career including the Life Saving Skills and Instructor Program.
The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter with skills in communication, listening, collaboration, adaptability, empathy and patience.
If you love teaching kids how to swim and are a team player with a positive attitude – consider joining us!
- Plan and safely deliver lessons to children of all ages appropriate to the level and skills of student
- Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance
- Provide explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children and adults to participate in swimming
- Identify participants’ abilities and encourage them to reach their full potential
- Regularly assess each participant’s ability and progress and arrange for the award of the appropriate certificates using our online portal
- Evaluate and create report cards at the end of each session
Skills and Qualifications:
- Current WSI (Water Safety Instructor) Red Cross Certification or equivalent
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards swimming
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- The ability to inspire confidence and motivate swimmers
- Perseverance and patience
- The ability to encourage people and put them at ease
- An understanding of how to differentiate in a teaching session
- Strong swimming abilities
- Previous experience is a bonus but not required
- Reliable transportation
- Flexible scheduling with the ability to choose your own hours
- Competitive wages, with fast advancements
- A fantastic team of highly skilled and motivated Swim Instructors to work alongside
- Clothing allowance (Stanno & Adidas)
- Company with excellent reviews
- Lots of room for growth and professional development
Think this is the right fit for you? Send us your resume today! Email our Human Resources Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Visit us online at www.wets.ca